February 7, 2012

Kate Somerville EradiKate - Best spot treatment ever.


This is the one skin care product I will never be without. YES, never. I have tried so many spot treatments so far in my life, and none have compared to Kate Somerville's EradiKate. It's first ingredient is sulfur, then isopropyl alcohol (in the skin-appropriate percentage), water, camphor, magnesium aluminum silicate, salicylic acid, iron oxides, and zinc oxide. Sulfur is obviously the most notable ingredient in this product. Sulfur can do a lot for acne prone skin, but it has to be used consistently and in the right formulation. Sulfur masks certainly do help with acne, but I feel a nightly treatment is a lot more effective- and therefore a wiser investment for those who struggle with acne on more than a monthly basis.

Most spot treatments I've tried have done one or more of the following: made me dry or flaky, created stickiness, increased redness, plain didn't work, or actually exacerbated my breakout. The good thing about the KS product is that it's so extremely gentle. I never get dryness, redness, or breakouts from it- just the opposite. If I use this nightly I almost never (knock on wood) get really noticeable breakouts. It does leave a light pink spot where you apply it, but if you are going to look better during the day... I don't see a problem! Haha, my boyfriend and family know. They see it every night. I use it over any serums/moisturizers, it works over pretty much anything.

It retails for $22/1 oz. This may seem expensive for a spot treatment but it lasts for at least 3 months (mine usually lasts longer) and it's the best. No irritation and it actually works. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment