January 27, 2012

Clarins; Part 1


Full disclosure: I am, in fact, a sales associate for Clarins. This does not skew my viewpoint, I am pretty straightforward when it comes to skincare. If I like it, I will tell you about it! Being a sales associate allows me to get to know each of the products fairly well and gives me opportunities to try them. I have chosen 3 of my favorites to review this time.

1.
Clarins Gentle Brightening Exfoliator (part of the Bright Plus HP line)
This exfoliant is really smooth and creamy. Most exfoliants are not especially creamy, so that makes for a nice surprise- especially in the winter. I have somewhat sensitive skin so I have to use exfoliants sparingly and choose them wisely. This definitely fits the bill; gentle, creamy, effective, and doesn't leave my face red and irritated. With continued use I see clear and more radiant skin without any dry patches or dull areas. You only have to use a pea sized dab, if not less, to get a great exfoliation and cleanse.
1.7 oz, $30

2.
Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil (100% Botanical)
This is one of 3 face treatment oils from Clarins. Blue Orchid is for dehydrated skin, Santal is for dry skin, and Lotus is for oily/combination skin. I use the Blue Orchid oil because my skin can get very dry and flaky in the winter time. I use strong medications to control acne and they can really do a number on your face. The beauty of this facial oil is that you only need 2-3 drops to get full coverage, it is concentrated and spreads easily. The base/carrier oil in this product is hazelnut oil. It does have a strong herbal smell so I recommend smelling before you buy. I love almost every scent so it isn't something that I worry about, but I know other people have more sensitive noses. This oil usually fixes and flakes or dryness overnight. I layer it over my serums and then put moisturizer over the oil. This way you get maximum moisture and effectiveness. It lasts a very long time, I've had my bottle for at least 2 months and as you can see I've hardly made a dent in it.
1 0z, $50

3. Clarins Body Shaping Cream (for stubborn fat)
Why did I stop using this?! ... Because I got lazy. Well, shame on me because it works. I was lucky enough to get a sample size of the body shaping cream to try. I never gave any thought to this type of product and was very skeptical that I would see a difference at all. But, when you are carrying a little extra weight anything besides going to the gym sounds good! Am I right? ;) I used this consistently for at least 2-3 weeks and I did see a difference. Whether it's from the recommended application (massage it in twice daily) or the actual product, it was really nice. I noticed a firmer feel and look to my thighs and abdomen which is where I applied it. The skin was obviously moisturized, but beyond that I saw a tightening effect. Not in a "my skin is tight and vacuum packed" way, but a nice firming of the legs and more contouring in the stomach area. If a product can deliver that in 3 weeks, I look forward to starting it again and seeing what 6 months looks like. I recommend this product wholeheartedly for someone who wants firming and shaping, because I have used it and seen the difference.
7 oz, $62

No comments:

Post a Comment