January 26, 2012

Mom's Commandments



This is a picture of my beautiful mom doing my nails before my first date to a school dance. She has passed down a lot of beauty wisdom to me over the years. There are a few commandments that I live by and have grown into over the years that she reminds me of.

1. Brush your teeth often, and before dates.
2. Don't go out with chipped nail polish (I have gotten much better at this!)
3. The clothes you wear affect the quality of attention that you get.
4. Be classic, and classy.
5. Hygiene is very important, grooming cannot be compromised.
6. Buy clothes that are a statement, but will fit your wardrobe for years. It's better to invest in a great quality and classic piece of clothing than middle of the line trendy wear.
7. Purge items when your room/space gets messy. (Learning the value of this after 20 years...)

There are many more tidbits that I will add. She is a smart lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment